Was the Garena Premier League too early in the morning for you? Did you miss all the action? No problem! Obscurica is here to provide you coverage of the picks, bans and action coming out of the South-East Asian League of Legends scene.
Manila Eagles vs Kuala Lumpur Hunters
- Janna’s Howling Gale and Exhaust nearly spells doom for Nunu, but Manila’s focus on the support was perhaps unwise – Kog’maw’s enormous damage output quickly exceeds Corki’s damage on the support. Nunu just barely gets away – Corki is forced to Valkyrie away from Kog’maw and the enemy minion’s damage, but is chased down with a Flash from Kog’maw for first blood.
- In exchange, Shyvana steals blue buff from Kuala Lumpur with a timely smite while Nocturne’s attempting to hand it over to Anivia.
- Kuala Lumpur makes the first Dragon attempt at 14 minutes after handing the Ancient Golem buff onto Anivia. Manila is spread too far across the map to challenge.
- Kuala Lumpur’s tower gets taken out as Shyvana joins bottom lane. She initiates and takes out Nunu, triggering a fight as Manila coalesces around the lane. Nocturne initiates on Shyvana, but she’s too fast – he gets taken out by Corki instead. Anivia almost goes down, but Janna wastes an ult that saves her instead. Orianna is taken out too as she tries to warp back to base from under the tower – but Kog’maw’s already in range and takes her and the tower down..
- Vladimir also gets tower dived when both he and Kennen find their way back up to top lane – Kennen smashes him with Slicing Maelstrom while taking tower hits, and Vladimir’s Sanguine Pool doesn’t last long enough to keep him from dying. Kennen, at his last sliver of life, takes out the top tower.
- Corki gets caught overextended at bottom lane. He gets away from Kog’maw and Nunu. Nunu wastes a Flash chasing him, but is forced to flee when he sees Janna enter the lane from the forest. By this time, both teams have aggregated at the lane – Vladimir and Kennen both initiate, Shyvana jumps into the fray, and Corki’s chased down by Nocturne. The focus fire from Kog’maw and Nunu takes out Shyvana, Vladimir meets an ignoble end by Nocturne’s hands, and Orianna too gets taken out. Manila’s middle turret gets taken out at about 21:40.
- Kuala Lumpur’s top lane, already damaged from repeated pushes by Vladimir, is taken down quickly by a three-man team from Manila. Kuala Lumpur attempts a Baron as they see Manila back away after the turret, but gives up after seeing that they don’t have the damage to do it safely.
- Kuala Lumpur forces the top and middle minion waves down the lane, trying to make an opening to take Baron. They’re unable to keep Shyvana from stealing it with a timely Smite, but she dies in the process. Nocturne is also taken out, and Kuala Lumpur is forced to make a hasty retreat. Manila uses this attempt to pick up Dragon for more gold.
- Kuala Lumpur forces down Manila’s second middle turret, shoving the minion line down to their inhibitor turret. Manila doesn’t take the bait: they know that Kuala Lumpur’s making another Baron attempt, and both teams dance near its pit. Nocturne is the one to initiate the fight, and the damage from Anivia and Kog’maw takes out Vladimir, Orianna and Shyvana. With the enemy DPS heavily mitigated, Kuala Lumpur picks up a safe Baron. Corki solos Dragon to mitigate Kuala Lumpur’s gold lead.
- With the Baron buff, a line of minions, and Anivia’s amazing clearing capabilities, the middle inhibitor and turret is taken out in quick succession. Shyvana’s attempt to counter their push goes badly for her and Kennen – Corki and Vladimir are hunted down to their nexus and taken down. With all of their DPS gone, Manila surrenders for a Kuala Lumpur victory.
Saigon Jokers vs Bangkok Titans
- Lee Sin pushes his minion wave way too far out – nearly up to Irelia’s top turret. Mundo takes advantage of this in a textbook gank, coming out from the river bush to land a cleaver in his face. Lee Sin Flashes away, but Irelia has a Flash and a Bladesurge for his troubles, burning him down for the kill with Ignite.
- Ahri and Mundo chases Cassiopeia as Maokai attempts to hand Saigon’s Ancient Golem buff onto her. Ahri jumps into the camp, but she isn’t the only one at level 6 – Cassiopeia stuns her and takes her out, but gets taken out by Mundo’s cleaver in turn. No matter – Lee Sin comes down from top lane to help Maokai take the good doctor down as well. Saigon takes up Dragon soon after, dodging Caitlyn’s pokes to pick it up quickly.
- Cassiopeia comes up from clearing out her wraith camps for extra income – and is immediately set upon by Ahri, who unloads her entire repository of spells onto the Du Couteau snakewoman, dodging a desperate Petrifying Gaze to pick up the kill.
- Lee Sin challenges Irelia – and gets smacked down. Apparently, an Irelia with Wriggle’s Lantern and Ninja Tabi has both enough armor and lifesteal to outfight the blind monk. Saigon’s top tower goes down.
- Mundo gets chased down by Cassiopeia. He loops around the bottom bush near river, but gets taken out by a Twin Fang at the farthest possible distance.
- Nunu gets towerdived from above by Maokai and Cassiopeia and is taken out quickly. Caitlyn, who’s closer to the turret, finds her caught in a four-way pinch.
- Ahri tries to repeat her earlier success, but Cassiopeia successfully petrifies her this time.
- Saigon takes yet another Dragon, this time without challenge.
- A fight erupts in bottom lane as Saigon makes a push for the turret. They’re forced to retreat as Mundo and Ahri descends upon them, losing Leona in the process. Cassiopeia makes a grand entrance, taking out Mundo and Ahri before succumbing to her own injuries. Varus picks up Caitlyn in the process.
- Leona gets caught in bottom lane as Nunu, Mundo and Ahri descends upon her from handing Ahri the blue buff. Seeing that most of Bangkok’s in bottom lane, Lee Sin starts a push down middle lane. Both lane turrets are taken out before Saigon retreats.
- Ahri gets ambushed near the Dragon pit and is immediately blown up by Cassiopeia. Nunu, who was nearby, gets hit by the backwash, and is also taken down. Saigon picks up yet another Dragon.
- Cassiopeia very nearly gets caught by Ahri while chasing down Mundo. She does get Charmed, but Flashes out of the way at the very last second. Ahri is taken down instead as Saigon catches up, getting snared into place by Maokai, then leaped upon by Lee Sin – they continue their kill streak by chasing Irelia down near the second toplane turret. With Bangkok’s bruiser and caster out for the count, Saigon picks up an unchallenged Baron.
- With Baron Nashor empowering them, Saigon makes a bid for Bangkok’s middle inhibitor, successfully taking it despite heavy resistance. With Bangkok now stuck in-base clearing out super minions, they take out the last bottom lane tower too, then knocking over the bottom inhibitor in the process.
- Even with Baron buff expiring, Saigon continues their pushing spree, knocking over the second top lane turret and smashing their way through to the inhibitor. With all three inhibitors down, they continues their streak by downing a nexus turret. Now desperate, Bangkok forces a fight – but loses Caitlyn and Irelia quickly. They manage to take down Varus and Leona, but with Cassiopeia acing Bangkok, the nexus goes down quickly.