Was the Garena Premier League too early in the morning for you? Did you miss all the action? No problem! Obscurica is here to provide you coverage of the picks, bans and action coming out of the South-East Asian League of Legends scene.
Garena’s English Language Livestream
Bangkok Titans vs Kuala Lumpur Hunters
- Irelia’s teleport makes a good mimicry of Shen’s Stand United. She heads down to bottom lane, her stun and true damage picking up a First Blood on Graves.
- Nocturne is caught by both Nautilus and Galio as he attempts to grab his refreshed Elder Lizard buff. Bangkok’s jungle and mid flanks Irelia soon after.- her crowd control reduction is no use against knockups like Nautilus’s ultimate, allowing them to pick her up for a second kill.
- Shen’s teleport to bottom lane doesn’t keep Taric from getting swallowed whole by Kog’maw. Irelia teleports to bottom lane, but is too late to make a difference, as Bangkok’s retreated. Kuala Lumpur settles for a Dragon, which Galio attempts but fails to contest.
- Nunu clears out the bottom lane bush wards, allowing Nocturne to sneak into the bushes. Taric and Graves engages on Kog’maw, only to get ambushed by Nocturne. Nunu places himself deep into tower range to activate Absolute Zero. The combined slow and fear allows Kog’maw to pick up a double kill.
- Nocturne and Lulu sneak up to top lane as Irelia duels Shen. Irelia hits the stun – Shen tries to get away with a dash and Flash, but gets tower-dived by Nocturne and Lulu. The slow and increased tankiness from Wild Growth lets a fear leash settle on the ninja, taking him out.
- Shen’s death triggers a massive push attempt by Kuala Lumpur. They take down three turrets in quick succession, leaving only the inhibitor towers for top and middle lane. Graves counterpushes up bottom lane, knocking over the second tower.
- Bangkok retaliates with a fight at Dragon pit, managing to split Nocturne from his team and taking Irelia low. It’s a fight that results in no deaths – Irelia nearly gets caught by Nautilus, but Lulu’s shield is just enough for her to get away. Bangkok takes the second Dragon.
- Nunu gets caught way out of position. He wasn’t expecting most of Bangkok to be near Baron pit – they were getting the blue buff for Galio, who then helps take out Nunu in quick succession. Bangkok forces a fight near Kuala Lumpur’s red buff as Graves knocks over Kuala Lumpur’s first middle turret, but Nocturne gets away, resulting in no deaths.
- Kuala Lumpur is preoccupied with pushing back their lanes. Bangkok picks up the third dragon easily, then transitions to Baron. They see Kog’maw and back away, sneaking back into KL’s jungle for an aborted attempt at their red buff. Instead, they get rebuffed again, and loop back to hand the Ancient Golem buff back onto Galio.
- Irelia gets caught by Nocturne and gets dragged into a fight. But things don’t go as Bangkok expected – Nocturne leaps into the fray, and Irelia’s protected by Lulu with Wild Growth. Nunu’s Absolute Zero catches most of Bangkok, and they’re taken apart one by one. Graves is finally taken for the ace just outside of his base by Lulu. Kuala Lumpur picks up Baron.
- Kuala Lumpur is enboldened by their success and pushes hard down bottom lane, knocking over the last lane turret. Bangkok’s pushing power keeps Kuala Lumpur shy, knocking over wave after wave of minions in quick succession and keepng Kuala Lumpur from making more than a few pokes at the inhibitor turret before fading back into the jungle.
- Irelia’s attempt to teleport back to base gets interrupted by Bangkok, and she’s taken down quickly. Unfortunately, all of Kuala Lumpur was still nearby, and a repeat of the last fight takes place, ending again with an ace in Kuala Lumpur’s favor. This time, they opt to push straight through to the Nexus, ending the game swiftly.
Taipei Assassins vs Singapore Sentinels
|TA||Twisted Fate||Lee Sin||Nocturne|
- The entire first eight minutes of the game are cautious. The junglers are content to start in their own jungle, and the lanes are canny enough to escape every gank from each side. The only advantage is a slight 1k gold lead, generated from Mundo’s repeated thefts of Shyvana’s golem and wraith camps, and Graves’ aggressive lane pushing.
- Ahri and Shyvana catches Mundo clearing out wards with Oracle’s Elixir. Mundo gets away, but that triggers Singapore’s attempt on Dragon. The equilibrium is finally broken – Taipei is not unawares, and while they give up the first dragon, it does end with Shyvana getting taken down by Mundo for First Blood at 12 minutes. Corki is chased under his turret and ignited for the second kill of the game.
- Another fight erupts at bottom lane. Corki is forced to Valkyrie out of the way, leaving Taric split up and taken down by Graves. Feeling confident, Taipei tries to transition towards taking Singapore’s Ancient Golem buff, but Shyvana was in the area, and chases them away, taking down Janna in the process. A minute later, Singapore loses their bottom turret.
- Kennen’s constant pressure pays off – the top turret is whittled low, and Olaf is unable to prevent him from landing the last blow on it. Mid turret is taken down by Ryze and Janna in the meantime.
- The second dragon is heavily contested, but Singapore fails the smite steal. Shyana goes down in the triggered fight as her ult is countered by Kennen bursting her down. Ryze’s AOE damage, Kennen’s ult and Graves’ greater DPS over Corki helps clean up the fight – only Janna is lost as Singapore is aced. A minute later, Baron’s taken down by Taipei with little difficulty. Only Shyvana’s in the area to see them take it, and catch a cleaver to the face for her troubles. Taipei swarms in on the middle inhibitor, taking down Taric and chasing the rest of Singapore away to take the inhibitor. They immediately transition to taking down both Nexus turrets, forcing a desperate engagement from Singapore. Janna prevents it, and the nexus is quickly taken down.