After American team APictureofAGoose announced that they would be unable to attend the Intel Extreme Masters circuit event in Kiev, to be held from January 19-22, there was much speculation on which team would be selected to replace them. As the seeds for Kiev have been allocated on a regional basis (3 NA, 3 EU, 1 Asia, 1 Ukraine champion), we expected to see an American replacement. Curse Gaming has announced on their Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/TeamCurse) that they will be replacing Goose.
Counter Logic Gaming EU has also been removed from the tournament, and will be replaced by SK Gaming. ESL rules state that qualification entails a sponsor to send one team to the main tournament; rosters are not locked, but if teams change sponsors then they cannot attend. CL Gaming EU qualified initially as Absolute Legends EU, with sponsorship from mTw. This granted mTw a license to send their team, but that team was subsequently acquired by Counter Logic Gaming. As such, they cannot participate because Counter Logic Gaming does not have a license to send a team. Fnatic was slated to replace CL Gaming EU, but cannot attend due to captain LaMiaZeaLoT‘s absence.
Update (01/08/12): Counter Logic Gaming EU has issued a statement on their website explaining why they will not be in attendance. http://www.clgaming.eu/news/564/IEM-Kiev–Why-CLG-is-not-attending
The updated groups are as follows:
|Group A||Group B|
|Curse Gaming||Moscow Five|
About the Author (Author Profile)
Sites That Link to this Post
- IEM Kiev Preview: Team Profiles, Tournament Format and Predictions - ggChronicle | January 17, 2012
- Visa Rejection Causes Lineup Change in Hannover - ggChronicle | February 28, 2012
- visit the following site | March 5, 2013
- free xbox live membership.get xbox live codes free | March 9, 2013
- payday loans online | August 6, 2013
- reverse phone | August 13, 2013
- Josephina Standiford | September 3, 2013