Curse announces the dual opening of a new League of Legends guide site and invitational tournament on February 10, 2012. The new site, at LoLPro.com, features text and video guides to champions and gameplay written by professional players from various teams. Writers include Elementz, Doublelift and Aphromoo among many others.
The Alienware-sponsored Curse Invitational, to be held online on the weekends of February 11 and 18, invites eight of the highest-profile American teams to a $5,000 prize. The winner of the tournament continues on to a grand final on February 25 for an on-site showdown versus Team Curse in San Francisco for a potential jackpot of $20,000.
The eight invited include Team Solomid, Counterlogic Gaming, goose, v8, Dignitas, RFLX, Epik Gamer, and scene newcomers Choppa in Da Car. The tournament structure is to be single-elimination best of three matches, with the initial elimination matches occurring on February 11, and semi-finals and finals to take place the weekend after. Brackets and schedules are online at the LoLPro.com tournament page, and are as follows:
- Choppa in Da Car vs CLG (Noon, PST)
- v8 vs Epik Gamer (2 PM)
- Dignitas vs RFLX (4 PM)
- Goose vs TSM (6 PM)
- Semifinals 1 – Choppa/CLG vs goose/TSM (3 PM)
- Seminals 2 – v8/Epik vs Dignitas/RFLX (5:30 PM)
- Finals (8 PM)
Casting over the match will be ColbyCheeze, along with former CLG and current Curse team member Elementz. Match previews and post-game summaries will be available on LoLPro.com; video-on-demand will be hosted both on the new Curse site as well as available on Youtube.
Curse, Inc., formerly Curse Gaming and founded by Hubert Thieblot, has previously made its name as a major World of Warcraft community site, specializing in gameplay enhancing software add-ons. It has since widened its scope to encompass a diverse range of community-focused games, including Minecraft, Starcraft 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, and now League of Legends. The company also sponsors professional gaming teams.
About the Author (Author Profile)James "Obscurica" Chen is stuck in the tropics, oozing out as much sweat as words as he covers the Asiatic sphere of League of Legends play.
Sites That Link to this Post
- top online casino | March 18, 2013
- Dan | March 21, 2013
- online Gambling | March 23, 2013
- casino online | March 24, 2013
- plugsocial.com.br | June 1, 2013
- apple ipad case | June 1, 2013
- payday loans online | August 3, 2013
- reverse phone | August 13, 2013
- Us online casinos | August 13, 2013
- casino en ligne france | August 15, 2013
- Valorie Mckinnies | September 5, 2013
- Vernon Cosgriff | September 10, 2013
- where | September 24, 2013